Top Ten Books On My Spring 2013 TBR list!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013


This week's Top Ten from The Broke and the Bookish asks for my Top Ten Books on My Spring 2013 TBR list. I have books I need to read for my book club and other book blogging events I’m participating in, so I’ll have a very busy spring! I’m also hosting a readalong of Birdsong for the Classics Club’s April theme: reading about war.
  
1) State of Wonder by Ann Patchett (Book Club Pick)

2) Two Gentlemen of Verona by William Shakespeare (Let’s Read Plays)

3) Birdsong by Sebastian C. Faulks (April Readalong)

4) The Garden of Eden by Ernest Hemingway (A Modern March)

5) 1776 by David McCullough (TBR Challenge)

6) The Aviator’s Wife by Melanie Benjamin (Book Club Pick)

7) The White Masai by Corinne Hofmann (Book Club Pick)

8) Oresteia by Aeschylus (Let’s Read Plays)

9) Requiem by Lauren Oliver (Comes out this month!)

10) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams (Let’s Read Plays)


Image from here

8 comments:

Sandy Nawrot said...

I really enjoyed State of Wonder on audio...you should listen if you have the option (Hope Davis narrates). And Requiem is high on my list. I wasn't thrilled with the second book but I do realize it was a means to an end, and what a cliffhanger!

Laura said...

Oooooh, I loooove Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. I wasn't so keen on Birdsong, but I really hope you enjoy it!

Nikki Steele said...

Fun -- a very balanced spring! I too loved State of Wonder, but have heard from other people that it took a while for them to get interested. Just a note so you know that it does pick up after what some considered a slow beginning! (And it's amazing after that pick-up.)

JoAnn said...

I really liked 1, 3, and 4... want to read 6. Good luck!

Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies said...

I have copies of 1776 and State of Wonder on my shelf... must read them! Nice list -- good luck with your reading plans!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Sandy - I just started it and I'm listening to the audio. So many people have said Davis was perfect as the narrator! I didn't love the second Delirium book either, but I'll definitely read the final one.

Laura - I'm looking forward to both, though they are very different.

Nikki - Thanks, that's really good to know. I'll expect a slow start.

JoAnn - Oh good! I think I've got a good selection!

Lisa - I've had both on my shelf for too long!

Jenners said...

I actually liked State of Wonder quite a bit. A good audio if you can get it.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Jenners - I'm listening to the audio now and so far it's really good! I just found out she's going to speak in Indy next month and I'm over the moon!