Finding Balance

Tuesday, June 24, 2014



I’ve been struggling a bit to keep up with things here. When I started my new job in January I had a drastic shift in responsibility and the amount of time I needed to dedicate to work. I love it, but I’m definitely still trying to find the right balance between work, this blog, planning our Australia vacation for this fall, theatre reviews, reading,  my Classics Club Blog duties, planning a family reunion in July, and spending time with the Huz, family and friends. We’ve also have a ton of house projects that we started this spring and we’re trying to work out more, all of which are great things, but they are also time consuming.
 
I’m starting to find my groove, but I wanted to say a big apology to all of you who stop by regularly. I have been awful at visiting blogs and commenting. I’m hoping to get on top of things soon! Anyway, I’m not going anywhere, I love my little corner of the internet, but I did want you all to know I'm planning on cutting my posts down to four times a week. I think I'll skip a Tuesday or Thursday most weeks, so don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth if I don't post on one of those days. Everyone goes through busy periods in life and this is just one of those times for me.
 
Photo by moi.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a lot that's keeping you busy. Book blogging is especially difficult to do because most posts require finishing a novel. I'm impressed by four posts a week (my average is two). Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're not leaving, but it definitely sounds like your plate is FULL. Do what you need to do for you. We'll still be here. :)

Andi said...

WOW, you definitely have your hands full. I admire you for tackling it all -- and can I say...I'm pea green with envy over that upcoming vacation. :D Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I think it is essential to balance your blog with your life. As in, let life steer the blog. I find I feel like blogging is less of a chore when I lessen my number of posts, throw out any preconceived "rules", and take a break on occasion. Good for you for recognizing the need to balance before you get stressed!

Amy said...

Wow, you have a lot going on! And four posts a week is still awesome. I'm lucky if I write three in a week. It's time consuming! Good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

I've often marveled at how prolific a blogger you are.

I second abibliophilesstyle's comment above. We're happy to read you however often. :-)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You are busy and hope your spend more time on the couch with that cute pooch.

Rudejasper said...

I think you are doing and amazing job juggling it all and dropping a couple blog posts sounds like a great idea to make sure things, all of the things, stay enjoyable. Good luck with the balance! It's a hard thing to find - be sure to post about it if you do achieve it :0).

Fanda Classiclit said...

Relax Melissa, and take your time. The job of time management can be complex, but after a while you'll get used to it, and sometimes you'll even find some extra time as a bonus. ;) Anyway, quality is much more important than quantity, isn't it? Good luck for all your plans. ;)

Anonymous said...

Such FUN stuff going on! Blog when you can - we will check in when we can. :D
(Thanks for the great quote on Instagram...)

Sandy Nawrot said...

I think you know that you will get all sorts of sympathy and understanding from me, since I've gone from posting every day to once a week! Somewhere along the line, it loses it's appeal when it starts to stress you out. We are all so blessed with our lives, and it is good to enjoy every minute of it.

Bryan G. Robinson said...

Four days a week? Whoa. I'd cut down to about one with the way your schedule is...that's crazy...well, crazy good, but really. :)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I totally could have written this post! I really try for three times a week (I would love a fourth post but it rarely happens) and commenting has gone to the wayside most days. Life does get busy! And you've got a lot going on. Australia!!! I just finished In a Sunburned Country and so am doubly jealous of your trip. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed you are even able to think of 4 posts per week with that schedule. I can barely manage two.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Thanks guys! You all offer such great advice and reassurance. That's why I love this community!

Jillian said...

I think you are doing a fantastic job here even with the busy schedule! I say post based off your own schedule, and your readers will still be here :)

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Jillian - Thanks for the encouragement!