Back to the Classics 2015 Wrap Up

Thursday, December 3, 2015

I didn't complete all the books on my Back to the Classics Challenge list, but I got through eight (one entry)! The challenge is hosted by Karen of Books and Chocolate. Below are all of the categories along with the books I finished. You can see the complete list of details in Karen's post here. 

 1. A Classic by a Woman Author: The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather (1915)
2.  A Classic in Translation: Bonjour Tristesse by Françoise Sagan (1954) 
3.  A Very Long Classic Novel: Tess of the d’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy (1891) 
4. A Classic with a Person's Name in the Title: Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis (1955)   
5.  A Humorous or Satirical Classic: Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift (1726)  
6.  A Forgotten Classic: A Girl of the Limberlost by Gene Stratton-Porter (1909) 
7.  A Classic Children's Book: Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter (1913)  
8.  A Classic Play: Richard II by William Shakespeare (1623)

3 comments:

Carol said...

I just finished my last review so just have to do a wrap up post. I really enjoyed this challenge.

Anonymous said...

OH OH OH! I totally forgot and have NO idea where I am on this. uh oh. CONGRATS.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Carol - I always enjoy this one too!

bkclubcare - I definitely didn't keep up with this one this year, but at least I got through 8 of them!